Monday, January 26, 2009

HAS IT BEEN 4 MONTHS??? Yikes!!!

Well, two people asked me today if I was blogging anymore on this site! I took that as a sign that I needed to get back on here! So here I am!

So much has happened since September 26 (EXACTLY 4 months to the day of my last post!) We finally moved to Alexandria, VA, and have settled into a neighborhood just down the street from George and Martha Washington's final resting place. It is a wonderful place to live and every day I pinch myself as I make my way down George Washington Parkway and see the Washington Monument in front of me. I mean, we LIVE outside Washington, D.C.!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think we would live here! In fact, my sister and I just talked today (she was one that asked about my blogging adventures or lack thereof) and we both are amazed that things we never thought would be a part of our lives are now on a regular basis! That's just how life is, isn't it?

On January 20 this year, my family and I went to the Inauguration of our first African-American President. It was such an amazing experience, and though we didn't vote for him, we could appreciate all the people that never thought they'd see the day a black man/woman would be President of the United States! Talk about a life-changing moment for all of us. Millions of people were there sharing an historical event such as many of us have never seen in our lifetimes. Standing there, freezing I must admit, watching the teletron with President Obama taking the Oath of Office, saying he would "uphold the position of President of the United States of America, so help me, God" left me with goosebumps (and not just because I was cold!). Shouts of victory went up all over the place and we heard our voices amongst the rest!! It was just so neat - a memory we will never forget.

So when you think you'll never see something transpire in your lifetime, don't blink an eye when it happens! It's a surprise event that will leave you breathless! Enjoy!

No comments: